Social Media can be so stressful and fill us with overwhelm, dread and frustration. You think you need to be on all the major platforms and crank out daily content to succeed. There is so much to do, so many platforms.
Let me share 5 Tips to make social media easy without the stress and overwhelm.
- Choose ONE platform to begin. Stay with it daily until you see results. The platform you choose will depend on your business. If you are a dog sitter. Instagram may be the place for you. Lots of cute dog pictures to capture your ideal audience’s attention. Selling your book? Facebook may be the place for you, participate in lots of groups to promote your book. I usually recommend Facebook if you are just starting out. 1.5 BILLION people on Facebook. Your audience awaits.
- You gotta have a Plan. Have a daily and weekly plan of content. Schedule as much as you can ahead of time and reduce burnout. Cluster your content into themes each week or month. Be consistent. Having a plan will make it easy to get it all done.
- Have a system for posts. Are you using Canva, Relay That, Word Swag, etc. to easily make posts? There are a lot more apps out there you can use. Keep it simple. Use a template(s). Use your brand colors. Use variety in your posts (image, video, live stream, memes, gifs, etc.) Create a system that works for you.
- Create engaging posts. Ask questions, use Fill in the Blanks, create polls, post articles, do caption contests, etc. Check your Insights to see what type of posts work best. The posts with lots of engagement, do more of that.
- Use curated content. Share your friend’s stuff, share Thank you’s, share guest blogs, share influencers posts and share any mention of you by someone else.
There is the 5 Tips to make Social Media easier and to take less time.
As always, if you have any questions about these tips or social media in general, just email me your questions and I will answer. Not a Bot, but the real me!
Have you joined the Facebook group for even more Social Media tips and lots of helpful new Biz info?